- Service: Service means our online and Company software applications, including but not limited to, the Company’s online services and Company software applications, including but not limited to, our www.LocalSearchforLawyer.com website.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from that data (or from other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers): Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User): Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
Information Collection and UseWe collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you. Our information collection includes using cookies on a computer/handheld device or using or touching information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in the United States. If you reside outside the United States your information will be transferred, processed and stored there under United States privacy standards.
Types of Data Collected
Information You Choose to Give UsWhen you use our Services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us which includes certain personally identifiable information that can be used to set up your account and profile and contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Account Registration Information (i.e., user name, password)
- Email address
- Phone number
- Dare of birth
- First name and last name
- Cookies and Usage Data
- IP addresses of individuals when using the Service
- Payment information (i.e., credit cards, banking)
- Information needed to explain and describe legal matters including, but not limited to, descriptions of accident, injury, etc.
Usage DataWe may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Location DataWe may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
Camera & PhotosCertain of our Services may require us to collect images and other information from your device's camera and photos. For example, you won't be able to upload photos from your camera roll unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of DataPlease note that we never sell your information to any third party.
- Providing features like posting Listings of Lawyers. When you register for a user account, we use the Personal Information you provide in order to create and maintain your user profile and connect you with Lawyers, to assist with your legal needs. The information we collect as you use the Services also goes into developing and bringing you our various other features like customer support and personalized offer recommendations.
- Improving our recommendations and insights. The information we collect also helps us tailor our content and improve the way we match you to Lawyers through the Services and recommended offers.
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Legal RequirementsCompany may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Body Focus International, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Services
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security of DataThe security of your data is important to us but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We are 128 bit SSL Secure, sensitive data like SSN, DOB are encrypted in transit and rest. The information is masked (like show only last 4 of SSN) if displayed.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Company aims to take commercially acceptable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data. If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Company relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Service ProvidersWe may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties may have access to some of your basic Personal Data only to perform these specific tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
CommunicationsCompany uses certain third parties to provide certain SMS and communications tools and services, including but not limited to:
AnalyticsWe may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, including, but not limited to
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
Third Party Mapping Service ProvidersWe may use mapping service providers, include, but are not limited to, Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service. Our Services uses Google Maps APIs which is subject to Google’s Terms of Service. You may find the Google Maps APIs Terms of Service at https://developers.google.com/maps/terms.
Children’s PrivacyOur Service does not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Canceling Your Membership and Deactivating Your AccountIf you decide you no longer want to use our services, you can cancel and deactivate your account by reaching out to us at info@LocalSearchforLawyers.com
- By email at info@LocalSearchforLawyers.com
Terms and Conditions of UseDate of Last Revision: March 25, 2022
Welcome to Local Search for Lawyers
Local Search for Lawyers’ products and services are provided by Body Focus International, Inc. d/b/a Search Local (“LSFL,” or “Company”). The LSFL Services provide an online and virtual marketplace that enables consumers (“Consumers”) to find and connect with independent lawyers that are unaffiliated with LSFL (“Lawyers”) through the Services to assess legal matters. Together, Consumers and Lawyer are referred to as “Users” or “You.” Please note, that LSFL is not a lawyer referral service.
By clicking on the Sign Up button on the sign up page, indicates You have read and agree to the LSFL Terms and then clicking the “Continue” button You agree to submit the User registration form. You are entering into this Agreement and irrevocably accepting the obligations stipulated in these Terms and agree to abide by them. Accessing the Site through any Device You agree to be subjected to these Terms. You should, therefore, read these Terms carefully. If You do not agree to be bound by any Terms, do not check the box indicating Your agreement to these Terms and do not otherwise continue with the User registration process. In such case You will not be able to register as a User or otherwise use this Site. We specifically hold the right to deny access without any notice to any person who We believe has violated any of these Terms or for any reason whatsoever at LSFL sole discretion.
THE SERVICES ARE ONLINE SERVICES THROUGH WHICH USERS SEARCH FOR LAWYERS IN ORDER TO ASSESS LEGAL MATTERS. USERS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT LSFL IS NOT A PARTY TO ANY AGREEMENTS OR ENGAGEMENTS ENTERED INTO BETWEEN USERS AND LAWYERS. LSFL HAS NO CONTROL OVER THE CONDUCT OF THE USERS OR LAWYERS USING THE SERVICES OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED IN CONNECTION THERETO, AND DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY IN THIS REGARD.
How the Platform Works
LSFL is a two-sided marketplace that connects Users and Lawyers for legal services. Consumers simply create an account on LSFL (or, if made available, sign in via third-party social login tools). Once Consumers verify their email, Consumers conduct a search for a Lawyer by providing certain information related to their legal matter (“Search”). The Consumer will then be able to review a listing (“Listing”) of curated Lawyers based on their location, availability and areas of practice and be able to see Lawyer profiles. Consumers then select the Lawyer of their choice from the Listing and the User connect directly with one another. Consumers can directly call Lawyers, or schedule an Appointment with the Lawyer through the Services.
LSFL makes no representations or warranties about the quality of any legal services provided by the Lawyers to the Consumers (“Legal Services”). The Legal Services provided by the Lawyers listed on LSFL are not controlled by LSFL, and Lawyers decide in their own discretion how to provide their Legal Services. We may conduct an initial internal review of Lawyer candidates and their profiles when accepting them as Lawyers on the Platform, but the LSFL does not otherwise screen Lawyers. Consumers are required to use their independent judgment before engaging a Lawyer or otherwise interacting with Lawyers while using the LSFL Platform. Consumers are solely responsible for making decisions when choosing to work with a Lawyer and may not rely on any internal screening process undertaken by Company. Consumers agree that Company has no liability for damages associated with Legal Services or resulting from any other transactions between Users of the LSFL Platform.
Account Registration; Content
Consumer Accounts, Ids And Passwords
- Modify copies of any materials from the Services.
- Use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences, or any graphics separately from the accompanying text.
- Delete or alter any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from copies of materials from the Services.
- Users must not access or use for any commercial purposes any part of the Services or materials available through the Services.
- A description of the copyrighted work you believe to have been infringed;
- A description of the URL or other location on our Services of the material you believe to be infringing;
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, which you make under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate, and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.